Once was a time I found the Tuesday night reruns of Air Crash Investigations on 7two to be essential viewing, and I think a lot of us have some kind of morbid curiosity about transportation disasters and near-misses. This is a page that exists primarily to link to other pages I have about them.
- Air Astana 1388: Portugal, 2013. A maintenance error led to a harrowing mid-air emergency, but fortunately the flight landed safely.
- Hinton train collision: Alberta, Canada, 1986. Twenty-three people died when a Via Rail passenger train and a Canadian National Rail freight train collided head-on.
- Lac-Mégantic rail disaster: Quebec, Canada, 2013. An unattended freight train carrying crude oil derailed, rolled down a slope, and set fire to the town of Lac-Mégantic, killing 47 people.
- East Palestine Ohio rail disaster: Ohio, USA, 2023. A train carrying vinyl chloride and nine other hazardous chemicals caught fire and derailed near the town of East Palestine.
- 1964 Melbourne-Voyager collision: Two ships of the Royal Australian Navy crashed in a bungled set of manoeuvres, killing 84 people.
- 1968 Wahine disaster: A terrible storm led to the sinking of a passenger ferry in Wellington, New Zealand, killing 51 people.