The Tim Traveller is a YouTuber who makes a variety of quirky, interesting videos about different things to see in Europe (often transport-related, and pretty much always something off the beaten track, something that mainly eccentrics would want to see). Some of the things I have learnt about through watching his videos include:
- Cairn of Barnenez: a mausoleum in Brittany which is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the world
- Charleroi metro: a metro system in the Belgian city of Charleroi, which almost completely built a line that they then didn’t open
- Ferrocarril de Sóller: a tourist railway in Mallorca, Spain
- Llívia: a Spanish enclave in the Pyrenees, which didn’t transfer to France with the rest of the territory north of the main Franco-Spanish border due to its historic status as the capital of a Roman province
- Noisy-le-Grand: mostly its ill-fated pod-based metro system, which was built in the late 80s/early 90s then never opened because the business district it was intended to serve was never built.