I feel like really I should upgrade this to a category (and perhaps make transport a tag?) but anyway, this is basically a tag for posts about urbanism.
- : 🚊 buses: For large swathes of outer-suburban Melbourne, buses are the only form of public transport available, and even in the …
- : 🏙 Melbourne's Property Development Crisis: Like many people, I think, I have an instinctive contempt for property developers. It’s not that I object to new …
- : 🚊 Link: “Rewilding Cities” by Clive Thompson
- : 🏙 Link: “Look around you. The way we live explains why we are increasingly polarized”
- : 🚴 Link: “3 in 4 people want to ride a bike but are put off by lack of safe lanes”
- : 🏙 Link: “The world’s ‘most liveable city’ title isn’t a measure of the things most of us actually care about”
- : 🏙 Link: “Public Housing For All”
- : 🏙 Link: “Finland ends homelessness and provides shelter for all in need”
- : 🏙 Link: “The Cuyahoga River Caught Fire at Least a Dozen Times, but No One Cared Until 1969”
- : 🚊 Link: “Basics: Access, or the Wall Around Your Life” by Jarrett Walker
- : ❤️ Like of: “Link: Crossed Rails” by Leon Paternoster
- : ❤️ Like of: “New suburbs, poor service” by Daniel Bowen
- : ❤️ Like of: “The Affordable Game” by Patrick Rhone
- : ❤️ Like of: “How Working From Home Saved Me” by Alan Marsden
Jessica Smith is a socialist and a feminist who loves animals, books, gaming, and cooking; she’s also interested in linguistics, history, technology and society.