Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and still officially the most populous city in Australia, with over 5 million people in its metro area. I’ve visited a few times, often to watch my beloved Sydney Swans play Essendon (Viv’s team) in the AFL. Don’t tell my fellow Melburnians but I actually really like Sydney – its geography is beautiful, its wintertime climate more pleasant than ours, and its train service superior to ours as well – but it’s the kind of city where I think to enjoy living there you have to be rich…
The Sydney metropolitan area sits on the traditional land of the Eora Nation. Other names for Sydney’s traditional owners include Gadigal people, and Dharug people.
- : 🪴 Juanita Nielsen: Juanita Nielsen was a Sydney activist-journalist from a wealthy family who was murderered in 1975. In life she was known …
- : 🏝 Photo post: It’s day 8 of Micro.blog’s photoblogging challenge (external link), which means today’s prompt …
- : 👩🏻 Photo post: For today’s photoblogging challenge (external link), the day 6 prompt is sport. Viv and I go for different …
- : 🚊 Link: “A recent history of Sydney’s frequent public transport”
- : 🇦🇺 Link: “Juanita Nielsen’s suspected killer Eddie Trigg confessed the murder to an undercover agent inside jail”
- : 🇦🇺 Link: “Juanita Nielsen's suspected murder brought Arthur King back to Kings Cross after his terrifying ordeal”
- : 🏟 Link: “Is Aussie rules booming at rugby’s expense?”
Jessica Smith is a socialist and a feminist who loves animals, books, gaming, and cooking; she’s also interested in linguistics, history, technology and society.