I’ve posted about refugees a number of times because I am regularly horrified and outraged by reports of how badly Australia and certain other Western countries mistreat asylum seekers. Fleeing persecution is a right under international law, and countries should behave that way.
- : 🇦🇫 Micro post: There’s a lot that could be said about the fall of Kabul to the Taliban, but one that gets me is just how many …
- : 📰 Link: “Denmark’s “Zero Asylum” Plan Means Psychological Torture for Refugees”
- : 🇦🇺 Link: “Biloela family asylum-seeker girl evacuated from Christmas Island with suspected septicaemia”
- : 🇱🇰 Link: “DFAT urged to retract 'inaccurate' report saying Sri Lankans face low torture risk, following UK court finding”
- : 🇦🇺 Link: “Afghan refugee may lose permanent residency in Australia – for supplying identity document”
- : 🇦🇺 Link: “Spit hoods still used in Australian immigration detention centres” by Denham Sadler