Australia, like many other parts of the world, is in the grip of a housing affordability crisis. This tag is mainly about collecting examinations of the economic issues, plus potential solutions.
- : 🏘 Micro post: The complete failure of Australia’s housing stock to be appropriate for living in during winter is in the news …
- : 🏘 Micro post: It is truly awful that a town can have a homelessness crisis while 30% of properties there lie vacant (external …
- : 🏘 Link: “Fifty-year mortgages that you pass on to your children – the new plan to boost home ownership”
- : 🏘 Link: “Freezing indoors? That’s because Australian homes are closer to tents than insulated eco-buildings”
- : 🏘 Link: “We Need Public Housing, Not Affordable Housing”
- : 🏙 Link: “Public Housing For All”
- : 🏘 Link: “Vacant Nuance in the Vacant Housing Debate” by Darrell Owens
- : 🏙 Link: “Finland ends homelessness and provides shelter for all in need”
- : 🏘 Link: “Canada’s Housing Market Is Out of Control”
- : 🏘 Link: “Just 1.2 per cent of rental properties in Australia are affordable for minimum wage earners, analysis finds”
Jessica Smith is a socialist and a feminist who loves animals, books, gaming, and cooking; she’s also interested in linguistics, history, technology and society.