Subscribe via RSS
This site has a number of RSS feeds available, so you can subscribe and receive new posts directly in your RSS reader if you so choose. Because there are a number of different categories that I blog about, you might even want to subscribe to a category-specific feed, if you’re mainly interested in posts on specific topics (like books, technology or languages).
- Master Feed – /index.xml
- This feed will give you all of my content with a date attached: posts, book reviews, recipes, interactions, etc.
- Posts – /posts/index.xml
- This is a feed of all my posts.
- Articles – /articles/index.xml
- If you’d rather not get all the microposts from my “all posts” feed, this is a feed consisting solely of long-form posts which should all have a bit of substance to them.
- Book Reviews – /book-review/index.xml
- A feed of all my book reviews. If you’re interested in all my bookish content, you might prefer my my ‘books’ category feed.
- Recipes – /recipe/index.xml
- A feed of the recipes I’ve published here. You can also get these in my ‘food’ category feed if you’d like to get other posts about food too.
- Interactions – /interactions/index.xml
- I’m not sure why you’d want this, but here's a feed specifically of my interactions – the replies, likes and bookmarks I make of other webpages.
- Books – /categories/books/index.xml
- A feed of all my bookish posts, including my book reviews as well as other reading updates, links to articles I find about literature, other thoughts on literature, etc.
- Film and TV – /categories/film-and-tv/index.xml
- Posts about TV shows and movies.
- Food – /categories/food/index.xml
- A feed of food-related posts, including photos of my culinary triumphs, thoughts on cooking and recipes (my own and links to other people’s).
- Games – /categories/games/index.xml
- Posts about games, both computer games and the tabletop variety.
- Internet – /categories/internet/index.xml
- All posts having to do with the internet – could be about web development, social media, online privacy concerns, reminiscing about internet eras gone by, and other topics.
- Languages – /categories/languages/index.xml
- Posts and links about linguistics, language-learning, some specific languages, and related topics.
- Life – /categories/life/index.xml
- Posts of a more personal nature, where I either talk about what I’ve been up to lately or muse on my life experiences.
- News and Politics – /categories/news-and-politics/index.xml
- Like it says on the tin – posts and links about current events and political questions (past and present).
- Pets – /categories/pets/index.xml
- Posts about pets, usually my own or my parents’ but not always. Lots of photos within.
- Photos – /categories/photos/index.xml
- Really a catch-all category for anything with photos (that I took) in it.
- Site Updates – /categories/site-updates/index.xml
- If you really want to stay on top of the changes I make around here, then you’re in luck, because this is a category dedicated to just that.
- Technology – /categories/technology/index.xml
- Some overlap with the “internet” category, but this one looks at technology more broadly (apps, hardware, non-computing technology), and excludes topics that are more the cultural side of the internet.
- Transport – /categories/transport/index.xml
- Posts about public transport, trains, cars, and transportation generally.
- Writing – /categories/writing/index.xml
- Posts about writing, but not actual posts of my writing (or at least, not of my fiction writing. obviously I had to write the posts).
In general, if you go to my archives page, click on any of the tags from there, and tack
index.xml onto the end of the URL, you will find yourself at the RSS feed for that tag. A selected few that you might want to follow would be:
- Australia – /tags/australia/index.xml
- All things Australia.
- capitalism – /tags/capitalism/index.xml
- Political posts and links offering criticisms of capitalism.
- economics – /tags/economics/index.xml
- Posts and links to do with economics and industry.
- education – /tags/education/index.xml
- Posts and links about education, teaching and schools.
- history – /tags/history/index.xml
- Largely links, often with commentary attached, about history and sometimes also anthropology, where it concerns human history before the written record.
- IndieWeb – /tags/indieweb/index.xml
- Posts about the concept of the IndieWeb and related principles – owning your content, webmentions, POSSE and PESOS, etc.
- privacy – /tags/privacy/index.xml
- Posts and links about the importance of and threats to our privacy online.
- web dev – /tags/web-dev/index.xml
- Posts about HTML, CSS and various things I’ve done to get this website working the way I want it to.